Monday, February 6, 2017

January Recap

Hiiii! Back again with a recap! I had to wait till I was actually home with some actual light outside to get my pictures taken, so that's why this is late! Like I said last month, part of my hope for 2017 is that I'm going to get fewer books to keep--whether that be books I've bought or been given for review. I have so many books to read already, so I'm hoping to whittle down those piles, as well as actually keep up with the review books I do get.

I think I'm doing okay with that? I'm not buying much, for sure, but I've gotten my fair share of review books. Ooooops. So let's look at what I got!

What Books Did I Get?



Dragonwatch by Brandon Mull
The Beast Is An Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale
Sisters' Fate by Jessica Spotswood
Gilded Cage by Vic James
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

All but Sisters' Fate are from work. They've been sending some really good ARCs, and I snatch them up. I can defend that because I'm in charge of kids and teen, and I'm largely the only one who reads the stuff among the booksellers, anyway. So I get the gooooooods. I'm pretty excited to have Sisters' Fate because it finishes my collection of that series' ARCs! I have them all, though I haven't read this one yet. Hopefully it ends well!

But... I got more than I should have when it comes to eARCs...





See? I did bad. But... Maybe because a couple of these are really far away, I can feel less guilty?

What Did I Post?

What Did I Read?

The Book Jumper by Mechtild Glaser
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
How to Break a Boy by Laurie Devore
Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas
Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas
Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

Currently reading: The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman
Favorite of January: Gemina

Y'all. I'm so proud of myself for sticking to my TBR! I only read one book that wasn't on the list, and that was because I was in the mood for historical romance, but not the Elizabeth Hoyt one I had left on the pile. I'm calling it a win!

What Will I Read?


I kept a couple of holdovers from my January TBR, because I'm still interested in getting to them this month! I made this TBR smaller, because I am planning on reading a few eARCs and ebooks this month. I've been dying to read Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, so I'm definitely going to make room for it, and I'm planning to read a couple of January and February eARCs. But also, Devil in Spring comes out at the end of the month, and I will be dropping everything to read that ASAP, so imagine that's on the TBR, because !!!!! I'm dying.

What Am I Doing?

Well, I'm behind on commenting and posting. I do have a small backlog of books I've read but not reviewed, so hopefully one day soon I'll get to it. 

But school seems more demanding this semester? I had one assignment that made me go observe a librarian, so that's probably why, but hopefully I'll get into the groove and it'll get better. I just feel like I'm doing homework every spare moment of the past couple of weeks, but I don't really think that's true? I am finding that once I'm done with homework I don't want to read, so I didn't get as much reading done this month. I'd rather stare at the tv and watch my same shows over and over again. 

I've been doing AMAZING with not spending money, y'all. I've bought groceries and paid bills, and that's pretty much it. I've bought food maybe three times? That's huge for me, and I hope to get better this month coming. I'll buy Devil in Spring and buy food and my copy of Caraval at the signing, but that's largely it. At least, aside from...

We're going to Disney World this month! I feel like I'm eating, sleeping, and breathing Disney right about now, but that's totally alright. That's probably why I'm not reading, truly, because any other free time is spent obsessing. My coworkers will probably be happy once this trip is done, because I'm talking about Disney almost 24/7. :)


Well that's it for this month! I'm still liking the recap format! 

No comments:

Post a Comment