Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Favorite YA Reads of 2016

The year is up! Can y'all believe it? 2017 is here! And while I wanted to get this up earlier, the last week of the year was kinda crazy, so I didn't get around to it. But, I can start this year off right!

This list is YA exclusively, so there are certainly some historical romances I might've added, but I wanted to focus.

So, in no particular order, here are my favorite YA books I read in 2016:


A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
Rebel Magisters by Shanna Swendson
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman

I also wanted to include Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum, but I couldn't find my copy to include in the picture!

I'm not in the least surprised that 80% of my list is essentially fantasy. Certainly if I broke down my reading into genres, overwhelmingly what I read the most of was fantasy and historical romance. What does surprise me is how well spread across publishers my favorites are! I've got Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Random House, Hachette, Penguin, and Macmillan all represented--as well as Shanna Swendson's self-published sequel. Sometimes I feel like I read too heavily from certain publishers, but I suppose I don't love books heavily in any one direction.

So now I want to know: what were your favorite books of 2016? If you have a post of some kind, link me to it! I'd love to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment