Saturday, August 23, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins Tag

Thanks to the lovely Kirsty at Studio Reads for tagging me!! This should be fun... (Insert evil grin.)


Greed

What is your most inexpensive book? 

(I also saw that the beauty tag asks for most expensive too, so I'll share that as well!)

Inexpensive is hard! Um... I've got a lot of books from the friends of the library store, which ran me $2 each? I tend to buy new books, though, so most aren't especially cheap. As for most expensive, this may be cheating, but my copy of These Broken Stars cost $30 because of the shipping costs from Malaprop's--for I HAD to have the signed copy and signed cover art they were offering, non-negotiable.

Wrath

What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Er. Um. Ah. I mean, I guess I'll say Marissa Meyer? There's no real hate, only deep, prolonged sadness that Winter isn't coming out for so long. But I love her books so much I'd wait any amount of time to get to read them. So. Does that count?

Gluttony

What book have you read over and over with no shame?

Easy! One day, y'all are going to tire of listening to me talk about Ella Enchanted, but until that day (and after, really, even if I'm just talking to myself) I will spout litanies about how wonderful this book is. I loved a lot of books when I was younger, but I've never read a book over and over and over again. I would literally finish Ella Enchanted, flip back to the front, and start again. Six or seven times in a row. I even dressed up my American Girl dolls and acted out the final scenes with them, because I just loved the book so much and could not get enough of it. I reread it not that long ago, and it was just as good as I remembered.

Sloth

What book have you neglected due to laziness?

There are too many books that I could put here! Out of pure laziness, though, because I don't want to dedicate myself to a longer book, I've passed Alexandra Duncan's Salvage too many times. (It's not even that long!)

Pride

What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

Luckily, having an English degree, I can hold my own in most literary conversations. I tend to switch between naming obscure things I read for school ("Cloud 9", The Lonely Londoners, The Conformist) and waxing poetic about loving Anna Karenina. (I do really love it.)

Lust

What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters?

I'm not a reader who gets swept up in bad boys. (In real life, either.) A sweet guy is always going to win over the "dangerous" one in my mind and heart.

Envy

What book would you like to receive as a gift?

Oh, one specific thing comes to mind! THIS MASTERPIECE THAT IS $225. Just click over and look at the pictures of the books and the illustrations. I'm drooling at how beautiful they are. This is one of my favorite series, as well. (Any of the Folio Society's books would be wonderful, but I'd probably pass out if someone gave me this.)


And that's it! I'm going to be all-inclusive and tag anyone who wants to do this! I had a lot of fun. :) If you participate, please leave me a link so I can come see what your sins are, or just share with me here! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment