Thursday, December 5, 2013

Let's Talk About... Favorite Books of All Time

With the year winding down, (Can you believe it's already December???) I always seem to get more nostalgic, not only thinking about what I've done this year but what I've done in other years as well. This inevitably leads to books I've read.

Now, I'm very picky about what books I classify as my "favorites", though I know a lot of people are less so. On Goodreads, my favorites list has 16 books. Of those, four are books I've read since blogging, so in the last two and a half years. That's it. But, it's a list I'm pretty darn proud of. Those are the 16 books that, in my entire almost 22 years, have made an impact on me, that have changed the way I thought about the world. Not to mention entertained the heck out of me.

There's just something so special about the books you claim as your all-time favorites. They hold an immovable place in my heart, and I will always remember the first time I read them and how I felt. Some even encapsulate a specific time in my life and can hearken back memories of that time when I revisit them. So few things feel so tangible and hold such power nowadays, but my favorite books are constants.

So, with that, I will share some of my favorites (some of these--or maybe even most--I'm sure you've heard me waxing poetic about before!) and I'd love love love for you to do the same in the comments!



So what are your favorite books? Do they provide a sense of nostalgia and comfort, like mine do? Are you picky in choosing your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment