Friday, February 8, 2013

Bookish Baking

Lovelies, I know you love baking as much as I do. :) I don't bake often, really, but I just get into baking moods and it's all I want to do. Since we're all bookish people here, I've compiled some lovely baked goods for you to make if you're feeling like Martha Stewart!

First and foremost, Maggie Stiefvater's November Cakes from The Scorpio Races:


Don't they look AMAZING? I want them like now. You can find the recipe here, on Maggie's photostream. She came up with the recipe herself. :)

Next, if you love Harry Potter, these might make you drool, Sugar Bean Bakers has made Apple Pie Cupcakes with Browned Butter Icing:


It'll just feel like Christmas at Hogwarts if you make these! The recipe can be found here. There's also a recipe for pumpkin juice if you're feeling especially inspired.

Now if you're having a party and wanted to make a subtle reference to a favorite book (or it's just Halloween...) you could make this punch, which I realize is NOT baking, but it just so reminded me of Unwind by Neal Shusterman's cover!


This is from Real Simple, and I doubt it was their intention, but just look!

And finally, Turkish Delight, as mentioned in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! This is a classic recipe, but I've never really thought to look it up. It looks interesting! Like a pink lemon square, and I love lemon squares. So I'd eat it. :)


This was featured on The Geeky Chef (And you should really go visit. She has a recipe for Lembas Bread like in Lord of the Rings, which I almost put on here.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment