Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top 10 of 2011: Book Boyfriends

Welcome to my third post of "Top 10 of 2011", hosted by Rachel at FiktshunJessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic,  Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, and  Jaime & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books.. Every day this week various bloggers will be posting their top 10 lists. I think this is a great way to wrap up such a great year!


So today is our top 10 book boyfriends, and I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest list of the week. There are so many characters I love, so this should be interesting... :) This comes from books I've read this year, and not just ones that have come out this year. Tally ho!


10. Caleb from Eve: I love how he utterly disproves all Eve has ever learned about men, at least in some cases. I loved reading about his ruggedness and the fact that he wasn't just utterly beautiful. That made him more appealing to me. And I still can't get over what he did at the end. Swoon.


9. Alec from Fateful: So cute. He doesn't care about his situation in life in comparison to Tess', which I love. He also broke my heart, only to repair it quite nicely shortly after.


8. Marco from The Night Circus: Such a beautiful story, encasing a lovely romance between Marco and Celia. His determination and fierce love made me love him more every time he popped up.


7. Perry from Under the Never Sky: Yes, this comes out next year, but I read it this year. And loved it. A big part of this was Perry. He had such a capacity for love and such a determination to protect those he loved, even to a fault. Even as he fought love, he found it, and I found it too. :)


6. Cas from Anna Dressed in Blood: Oooooh Cas! I love his wit and his toughness. He is by far the most fierce seventeen year old I've read about recently, and easily the guy I'd like to be protecting me above just about anyone else.


5. Adam from Shatter Me: Part of my love of Adam stems from Juliette's narration, coupled with just his awesomeness. The way she describes how she feels about him and how she feels when they're together made me swoon a bit. Plus who can resist a guy who's been pining after the girl he loves for years??


4. Tucker from Unearthly: Is there any girl who's read Unearthly that hasn't fallen in love with Tucker? I mean the birthday present thing just gets me over and over. To me, he's the most realistic guy on this list and therefore even more irresistible.


3. Bram from Dearly, Departed: Not the first zombie I've loved, but definitely amazing. His unique condition makes his relationship with Nora all the more touching and lovely. They honestly believe love can cross uncrossable boundaries, and I love that.


2. R from Warm Bodies: No, he's not number one! :) R was the first zombie I fell in love with this  year. He's separated from the world he belongs to by his "illness" but fights for love and fights for a life beyond the end of the world as we know it. Almost nothing more irresistible than that. Plus he's a hopeless romantic. I mean listening to Sinatra records in an old plane? Adorable.


1. ASH ASH ASH (from any one of the Iron Fey novels, though especially The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight): I don't think anyone can unseat Ash from his throne as the most irresistible fictional guy in my book. The boy gives up his immortality and his throne for the girl he loves. He travels to unimaginable lengths for a chance to be with her. He risks his life time and time again to save her. He has some of the most romantic lines I've ever read or heard. In my mind, he's perfect.


So that's them. It's a pretty swoon-worthy list, if I do say so myself. I know people will probably least agree with my two (Yes, two!) zombies, but I stand by them. They were two of the most appealing and lovable male characters I read about all year, and that is why they're on the list. I'd have included other forms of mutated (I guess that's how I could put it...) humans if they stacked up, but no one really did. :) I'd love to hear it you agree with me! Or tell me why zombies are detestable, though I warn you, I will argue to the grave. Hehehe. Check back tomorrow read about my top 10 characters of 2011! I don't know how I'm going to do that one, but I think it'll be some kind of specific type... We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment