Thursday, September 22, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop #11

Friday again! Another week come and gone and it's time for my basically 4 day weekend, just like every weekend. College does such wonderful things. :)

Anyways, Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read each week and is a joint effort between all of us bloggers  to find new blogs to read and love. Plus, each week a different question is asked, and I get to answer it! So here goes:





Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep revisiting it.

ME. After looking through the books I've read on Goodreads, and, honestly, the only series I can recall reading many times over is Harry Potter. And everybody knows about Harry Potter! There are tons of series I love, but I haven't read most of them more than twice, because I always want to read new stuff!


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly par-tay for book bloggers to connect! It's hosted by Crazy for Books (follow that link to get to this week's Blogger Hop post!) and lasts Friday through Monday every week! Except this week! We're going Saturday through Tuesday! Woo! And we get another exciting question, here goes:



Book Blogger Hop

Q. As a blog reader, what information (besides the book review) do you like to see in other bloggers’ reviews of books? (For example – Author bio, social media links, book synopsis from Amazon/Goodreads or one written by the blogger, page count, ISBN number, link to purchase, etc.)
ME. I like as much information as possible, but I especially like to see a link to Goodreads and a link to buy the book! I have no preference for the style of synopsis, though I always want to see one, in case I've never heard of the book, rather than a reviewer just delving into their points. Personally, I love writing my own, but find sometimes I can't word a synopsis better than the one already written, I just can't find the right flow for it, or honestly don't have the time. The most important thing in a review to me is not the extra information, though. I just want to read a review I think is honest. If I can tell a blogger is honestly just telling me what they thought, rather than supporting some kind of agenda, I'm happy. That's what this community is all about and why I love being a part of it.



Have a lovely weekend all! I know I will! Root for the Crimson Tide against Arkansas on Saturday, the game starts at 2:30! Roll Tide! Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment