Friday, August 12, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop #5

Friday has come again, my lovely readers. That means it is time for Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop! If my aching brain will hold out, I may answer these questions somewhat intelligently. :)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee each week and is a joint effort between all of us bloggers to get more followers. Plus, each week a different question is asked, and I get to answer it! So here goes:


Q. How have your reading habits changed since you were a teen? Or, if you still are a teen, what new genres are you in love with currently?
ME. Well, I am indeed a teen, though just barely. My reading habits have definitely changed over my teenage years though. I've always read a lot, but in recent years I find I've been reading much more. Not only that, but I read more critically. I used to take what I read at face value, but now I can understand the complexities behind what I'm reading, and it really makes reading a whole lot more fun.

Now, since I am still a teenager, I'm going to answer the other part of the question. :) I really love dystopian, which everyone knows is kind of the trend right now. I hate that it's a big trend, though it is bringing the spotlight to a lot of books that wouldn't get mentioned otherwise, but I've always had a bit of a taste for the morbid and terrible. Dystopian novels really fuel that love. Many envisage the worst of humanity's potential, and I just eat it up like cupcakes. While they do show us how terrible we have the potential to become, they also show how great we can be. The strength of the characters that rise up out of the ashes of humanity is a sight to behold, and why I can never get enough.

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly par-tay for book bloggers to connect! It's hosted by Crazy for Books (follow that link to get to this week's Blogger Hop post!) and lasts Friday through Monday every week! And we get another exciting question, here goes:
 
Book Blogger Hop
 
Q. Let's talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you'd like!) titles in your collection that have the most interesting titles. If you can't find one, feel free to find one on the internet.
ME. Well... My odd title really isn't that odd, rather just a bit misleading. I own a book titled The Fatal Shore. You hear that, and think of someone going on an expedition who makes a landing in some unknown place, and bad things start to happen. Well, that's what I think of. But, this book is actually a history of Australia. Nonfiction. And, while that sounds kind of awful, it's actually quite good! Maybe not as exciting as something terrorizing colonists, but quite informative. :) I bought it to skim for a paper senior year, and found that I really enjoyed reading it. Whoda thunk?   

Well, that's all I have to ramble about today! As always, I'd love to check out your Follow Friday and/or Book Blogger Hops, so leave me links! It does tend to take me a little while to get to them, so I'm sorry if I randomly comment on Tuesday or Wednesday. :) Happy weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Hopping by and now following, too! The Fatal Shore sounds quite interesting - I love history books!

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms. C
    http://coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stopping by on the hop :) I love your writing voice, good post.
    jfeldt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this. Have a blog hop and Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley Giveaway. Stop by
    Book & Movie Dimension

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love history and I think the history of Australia would be a great read. New follower from CFB hop.
    http://sharonhenning.blogspot.com/2011/08/crazy-for-book-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by to say hi! That book sounds pretty interesting - and that title is pretty eye-catching. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hopping by, admittedly a bit late.
    Great post!

    I'm a new follower.
    Nimue @ http://mybookishobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete